What is REIKI
by William Lee Rand
Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy.
The word Reiki is made of two Japanese words – Rei which means “God’s Wisdom or the Higher Power” and Ki which is “life force energy”. So Reiki is actually “spiritually guided life force energy.”
A treatment feels like a wonderful glowing radiance that flows through and around you. Reiki treats the whole person including body, emotions, mind and spirit and creates many beneficial effects including relaxation and feelings of peace, security and well-being. Many have reported miraculous results.
Reiki does not depend on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone.
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. It has been effective in helping virtually every known illness and malady and always creates a beneficial effect. It also works in conjunction with all other medical or therapeutic techniques to relieve side effects and promote recovery.
An amazingly simple technique to learn, the ability to use Reiki is not taught in the usual sense, but is transferred to the student during a Reiki class. This ability is passed on during an “attunement” given by a Reiki master and allows the student to tap into an unlimited supply of “life force energy” to improve one’s health and enhance the quality of life.
Its use is not dependent on one’s intellectual capacity or spiritual development and therefore is available to everyone. It has been successfully taught to thousands of people of all ages and backgrounds.
What is Holy Fire® Reiki?
A New Reiki Energy
Holy Fire® Reiki is a new form of Reiki that was introduced about three years ago by the International Center for Reiki Training. It is both powerful and gentle and provides purification, healing, empowerment and guidance. It can be included as part of Usui Reiki classes and has also been added to Karuna Reiki® training. Holy Fire® energy is noticeably more refined and comes from a higher level of consciousness. Some of the qualities students have experienced include:
- Tends to develop all the personality traits that are healthy for a person to have such as love of self and others, kindness, patience, confidence, vitality, enthusiasm, optimism, trust, joy, peace and so forth.
- Works continuously even when not thinking about it and spontaneously heals issues as they come up.
- One of the more wonderful effects is a feeling of being loved. This is a deep and refined feeling that is very nurturing.
- Spontaneously provides guidance that is palatable for every level of life experience.
- Releases worry and replaces it with a sense of safety in a most pronounced way.
- Once received, it continues to develop itself to be more evolved and effective.
- Heals deeply and quickly without distress.
- Heals relationships and interactions with others.
- Always respects free will.